Mission Style Umbrella Stand Plans
The umbrella stand shown in the accompanying illustration will be found quite appropriate for the hall or reception room that is furnished in mission style. It can be made of any of the furniture woods, but quarter-sawed oak gives the best results. The stock necessary to make this stand can be secured from the mill ready cut to length, squared and sanded, and is given in the following list:
- 4 posts, 1-1/2 by 1-1/2 by 28 in., S-4-S.
- 4 top rails, 7/8 by 2 by 10 in., S-2-S.
- 4 lower rails, 7/8 by 3 by 10 in., S-2-S.
- 4 slats, 3/8 by 3 by 20 in., S-2-S.
- 1 bottom, 7/8 by 10 by 10 in.
My Woodworking Plans and CD'sPlease take a look at my "woodworking/construction plans" and/or my old books on CD / DVD on this site by clicking "Do It Yourself Plans" in the black menu bar above on the very Left? You will most likely find something that is very interesting or useful to you?